The GDPR comes into force on the 25th of May 2018 and is the biggest change to data protection in the last 20 years, and while businesses are getting to grips with the changes there seems to be some uncertainty and a little bit of scaremongering.
To ease everyones minds we’ve put together three complimentary e-books:
The GDPR and B2B communication.
We take a look at the impact of the GDPR on b2b communication and what you need to do to prepare, including:
- The six principals
- The rights of your data subjects
- The changes to privacy policies and channels of opt-in
- The implications for non-compliance
As well as some tips on:
- Assessing the current data you hold
- Conducting a data audit
- What you need to consider for a data cleanse
- Approaches to opting-in
- How to record consent
The GDPR and Data Protection Officers
Data Protection Officers have been introduced to encourage businesses to take a more pro-active approach to data protection.
- What Data Protection Officers are
- The requirements for a Data Protection Officer
- The tasks and responsibilities
- The skills needed
- Employment considerations to be made
The GDPR and The Fines.
The administrative fine increase has been introduced to encourage businesses to take a more pro-active approach to data protection.
- What the new fines are
- Why we shouldn’t panic
- A case study on TalkTalk
- Compensation for data subjects
- The GDPR PPI Paradox